We'll help you train for the event of your choice in a supportive, non-competitive environment. The BlueMile Spring Training Program begins Jan. 31, 2015, in four Indy-area locations and in the Louisville Highlands. Make your commitment now!
2015 Spring Training Program
Program Descriptions & Training Schedules:
Registration is currently closed
The BlueMile Spring Training program is designed to help people of all levels of experience and ability. We offer programs for walkers and for beginner, intermediate and advance runners, and we’ll help you decide which program is right for you! We offer training for any distance, from the 5K through the Marathon!
Don’t be intimidated! Our program is for everyone, and our staff is committed to supporting each participant in his or her journey to success – whatever your goal. Many of our program participants are beginners.
Our Louisville Highlands program began Jan. 24, and you may join any time. Most participants are training for the Kentucky Derby Festival Half Marathon, 5K or Full Marathon. Regardless of your journey, we’re here to help! We’ll meet at our Highlands store and do most of our training in scenic Cherokee Park.
In Indy, we offer training in four convenient locations: Broad Ripple, Fishers, Carmel and Greenwood. We begin Jan. 31, and you can join any time! Most participants will be training for the 500 Festival Mini or for the Geist Half. We will also have many folks training for the 5K at both events, and some who will do both Geist and the Mini! We’re here to support everyone, and we welcome extreme half marathoners and 5K walkers alike!
The BlueMile Training Program is designed to suit your level of fitness and experience. We’ll teach you how to train, and also about the little things that make for a successful race: how to drink, what to wear, what to eat, how to pace yourself, and how to get to the start and finish line feeling good and ready to go! New program participants receive a tech tee as part of their registration. Everyone receives a printed training program, seminars from fitness experts, and fluid replacement after Saturday training.
We recommend you be able to walk or run about 30 minutes or 2 miles to begin the training program (for half marathoners), and just a few minutes of walking or easy run/walking for 5K participants.
Remember, at BlueMile there’s no such thing as too slow! You’ll meet all types of runners and walkers at our training program, and everyone is welcome. We hope to see you in January! Please email email@example.com if you have questions or would like more information.
Training Program Benefits:
- Just $40 per person. Lifetime membership, so you never pay a fee again!
- Seminars featuring experts on health and fitness topics.
- Fluid replacement drink on training days.
- Training group meets at 8am on Saturday mornings.
- Training programs for every fitness and ability level, including walkers, run/walk, and beginner, intermediate and advanced runners.
- Alumni of previous BlueMile training programs may participate for no charge as a lifetime member!
2014 Fall Training Program Locations:
- Louisville: BlueMile in the Highlands, most training in Cherokee Park
- Carmel: BlueMile in Carmel, most training on the Monon Trail
- Broad Ripple: BlueMile in Broad Ripple, most training on the Monon Trail
- Fishers: BlueMile in Fishers, with some long run/walks at local destination locations
- Greenwood: Meet at Greenwood Parks & Rec Center, training at Craig Park (100 Surina Way, Greenwood)
PR for me today, 1:32:12 half, and 120pound weight loss since 1 Nov, 2009! Thank you Janet, Maureen, and the rest of the Fishers store for your continuing support!